Upper Peninsula Marketing Department Inc. seeks an experienced marketing professional for the Senior Account Supervisor. The Senior Account Supervisor is responsible for the management, growth, service and profitability of agency relationships. People applying for the position must have at least 5-10 years of marketing experience, be a strategic thinker who can manage relationships and processes.
The ideal candidate will have a history of forging new relationships and growing current ones. This person will be confident, resilient, tenacious and responsive. Every day you strive to deliver great work and results. Your primary responsibilities are:
New Business. Be creative, strategic and proactive in pursuing new clients through northern Midwest (Upper Peninsula, northern Michigan and Wisconsin). Write and prepare client proposals with 25+% success rates.
Account Development. Seek new sales opportunities with current clients by developing smart strategies that get results.
Account Servicing. Be responsive to current client needs and requests. Deliver Results. Work closely with clients to understand their goals and ambitions to develop smart strategies. Use the team and other resources to deliver effective results.
Management. This person will directly report to the CEO and help manage the entire team with 3 direct reports.
General Job Expectations
- Understand the Marketing Department Vision and apply the Everyday Guiding Principles toward getting us closer to that vision.
- Understand the importance of marketing processes and business etiquette.
- Communicate effectively with team and clients both verbally and in writing.
- Work well under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- Work with the team to maintain budgets and profitability.
- Work during our agreed schedule – some weekends and weeknights may be necessary.
- Solve problems before they occur. Learn from the past. Plan your next day and your next week today – every day.
Client Cultivation Responsibilities
- Collaborate with CEO to develop and promote business, to confirm strategic and project direction, and to determine your client cultivation approach.
- Serve as the lead contact and manager of accounts assigned to you. You will also be supported by one account coordinator and one project manager.
- Be a master of quick, efficient communication between agency personnel and your clients.
- Coordinate and manage project estimates and timelines.
- Write and prepare project outcomes for the team.
- Work with clients for input, direction, revisions, and approval on projects.
- If projects change scope or need additional work, provide cost and timing change information to client and agency team.
- Work with Project Manager to ensure deadlines are being met.
- Manage client billing/profitability; ensure that accounts are up-to-date with payments.
- Develop sales goals and maintain visibility.
- Report metrics, when possible, to clients.
Goals for Each Client
- Work closely with clients to develop innovative, goal-based solutions.
- Sustain current business and grow future business.
- Meet all deadlines.
- At least 5-10 years of experience in account management, client services, creative services, marketing or more.
- Proven track record.
- Able to start work in January 2016.
- Competitive salary based on experience and health plan requirements.
- Includes bonuses/ commissions, mileage and expense reimbursement.
- Work from Houghton or Marquette, Michigan offices, or potential to work remotely.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE COMPANY. Visit http://www.marketingdepartmentinc.com/